According to statistics, LinkedIn is currently available in 24 languages, vs. 20 languages from 2015, including Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Romanian, Russian, Turkish, Japanese, Czech, Polish, Korean, Indonesian, Malay, and Tagalog.
At just 14, Linkedin has reached half a billion users (500 million) spanning 200 countries, this according to a recent LinkedIn's NEWSROOM blog post. This marks a 14% increase from last year. A 2016 post titled "By the Numbers: 125+ Amazing LinkedIn Stats," as of February 4, 2016, there were over 441 million global LI users. In March 2015, an article by About LinkedIn it was reported that LinkedIn had over 111 million unique U.S. members.
Not surprising that in the 4th Quarter of 2014 more than 75% of new members came to LinkedIn from outside the United States -- currently there are 347 million registrants globally from almost 200 countries and territories. Additionally LinkedIn revenue reported Q4 at $643 million (an average increase of 44% year-to-year).
LinkedIn Enhancements and Acquisitions Over the Years
April 2013, a new streamlined tool was featured to enable LinkedIn users to tag each other in posts and comments
In January 2011 LinkedIn traded its first shares on May 19, 2011 -- NYSE symbol "LNKD" with an IPO price of $45 per share. LinkedIN is currently valued at 261.52, nearly a 600% increase.
In 2010, LinkedIn began acquiring companies and to date has acquired 15 American companies (below is a chronological list).
• August 4, 2010, mspoke, an adaptive content personalization for $0.6 Million
• September 23, 2010, ChoiceVendor, Social B2B Reviews, $3.9 Million
• January 26, 2011, CardMunch, Social Contacts, $1.7 Million
• October 5, 2011, Connected Social CRM, price not available
• October 11, 2011, IndexTank Social search, price not available
• February 22, 2012, RapportiveSocial Contacts, $15 Million
• May 3, 2012 SlideShareSocial Content, $119 Million
• April 11, 2013, Pulse Web / Mobile newsreader, $90 Million
• February 6, 2014, Bright Job Matching, $120 Million
• July 14, 2014, Newsle Web applicat, $175 Million
• April 2, 2015, Refresh.io Web application, price not available-
• April 9, 2015, Lynda.com, eLearning, $1.5 Billion
• April 20, 2015, Hoaxbuster Club, Fact check and truth monitoring service, price not yet available
• August 28, 2015, Fliptop Predictive Sales and Marketing Firm, Using data science to help companies close more sales
• February 4, 2016, Connectifier, Web application, Helps companies with their recruiting
• LinkedIn Joins the HoaxBuster Club, Buys Patent for Fact-Checking System, FACTUALLY, A Gizmodo Blog, http://www.techradar.com/us/news/internet/stop-lying-on-linkedin-because-soon-you-won-t-be-able-to-1291702
•8 Mistakes You Should Never Make on LinkedIn, Forbes http://www.forbes.com/sites/learnvest/2013/03/04/8-mistakes-you-should-never-make-on-linkedin/2/
This post is an update from a previous annual articles on the allthingsdigitalmarketing blog, enjoy!